Pinterest offers a Try On feature within its app, allowing you to try on different lipstick shades from brands including MAC, Charlotte Tilbury and Bobbi Brown, but Chanel8217;s Lipscanner takes this one step further by offering the image scanning functionality.
Chanel8217;s Lipscanner app will detect any colour and texture from any image 8211; physical or digital 8211; and find a matching Chanel lip product. All of Chanel8217;s lip products are available in the app8217;s catalogue 8211; more than 400 8211; and the app won8217;t just find the closest match, but it will detect the finish too, whether matt, satin or gloss.
You can scan anything from a cup, cushion, friend, bag in a magazine, lips from a poster, or upload an image from your library, perhaps a screenshot of an Instagram image or a picture of yourself with a lippy on that you loved but need a replacement. The Lipscanner app will then use its algorithm to detect the colour and texture of your scan and provide you with an equivalent Chanel lip product, which you can then try on virtually and take a photo, or buy from the Chanel website.
Not every match is flawless, and sometimes the app doesn8217;t get it completely right 8211; possibly because an equivalent Chanel shade doesn8217;t exist 8211; but the idea is great and we8217;ve loved using it to discover new shades.
- Download the Chanel Lipscanner app on your iOS device.
- Open the Chanel Lipscanner app.
- Scan a colour or some lips from a magazine, poster etc. You can either use an image from your library or take a photo in the app.
- Tap the screen to select a colour to match and move the cursor to select a colour.
- Tap on 8220;Find the Chanel Match8221;.
- Swipe right to left on the options. The finish is shown at the top.
- Tap on 8220;Try It On8221; or 8220;Purchase on Chanel.com8221;.
- The Lipscanner app will automatically apply the lipstick to your lips when you bring your face into view if you select Try It On, or take you to the exact product on the Chanel website if you select the purchase option.
- You can take a picture within the Try It On section, which you can then share if you want to.
- The Chanel colour match name will appear in the top right of the picture.
- Tap on the arrow in the top left of the screen to come away from the Try It On screen and back to the results screen.
By tapping the arrow, you can also try on other shades that have been selected as a result of your scan. To see all your scans, head back to the initial take a photo or choose one from your library screen.
From here, you8217;ll see a lipstick icon in the top left corner. This is where all of your scans and results are stored. No photos you take of you trying the lipsticks on are stored within the app. You8217;ll find these in the Photos app of your iPhone instead.
Note: You8217;ll need to allow Lipscanner to access your camera.