We8217;ve known for a little while that some new Fossil smartwatches were en route and here8217;s a new pair of fourth-generation watches 8211; the 40mm Q Venture HR and 45mm Fossil Q Explorist HR.
As you can probably guess from the HR suffix, heart-rate tracking is included on both, while there8217;s also untethered GPS (it doesn8217;t need to be connected to your phone) plus the watches are also swimproof (so not certified for deep water) so you can track your swims accurately and wear the watch in the pool and shower.
Some of the dials enable you to see heart rate readings, while there are also graphs to show workouts and everything is logged with Google Fit. You can sync music playlists with the watch as you8217;d expect for phone-free runs.
- Stainless steel case (Q Venture HR: 40mm / Q Explorist HR: 45mm)
- Touchscreen digital display
- 24+ hours battery life (based on usage)
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets (Q Venture HR: 18mm / Q Explorist HR: 22mm)
- Wireless syncing + magnetic charging
- Compatible with iOS 9.3+ and Android 4.4+ (excluding Go edition)
- Sensors: Heart Rate, NFC, GPS, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Microphone
- Google Wear OS
- Qualcomm 2100 Processor