Amazon Prime Day is nearly here.
This is an annual, day-long event exclusive to paid Amazon Prime subscribers across the world.
That means, if you8217;re a Prime member, the day will be filled to the brim with thousands of amazing deals. Keep in mind you don8217;t have to fully sign up for a Prime membership; you can get a 30-day free membership if you8217;ve not been a member before. You can read more about Amazon Prime from here.
Anyway, a membership costs $119 a year (or $12.99 a month, if you can8217;t stretch to the one-off payment). Once you have membership, you can snag deals from all the different categories on Amazon. Pocket-lint plans to comb through the best deals, and will list them below. We also plan to keep this guide regularly updated. We8217;ve even included some tips and tricks below for first-time bargain hunters.
- The very best Amazon UK Prime Day deals 2018
- What is Amazon Prime and what do you get for your money?
When is Amazon Prime Day 2018?
Amazon has not yet announced when its Prime Day 2018 sale will kick off, but a new leak has suggested it8217;ll be on 16 July and last for total of 36 hours. That8217;s longer than last year8217;s Prime Day extravaganza, which was a was a 30-hour, multi-day sale.
Prime Day 2018 deals are not yet live. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are the mobile device sales from last year8217;s event:
- Amazon Fire 7 for $29.99 (save $20)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 for $49.99 (save $30)
- Amazon Fire 8 HD Kids Edition for $89.99 (save $40)
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $89.99 (save $30)
- Amazon Kindle Voyage for $149.99 (save $50)
- Huawei Mate 9 (unlocked) with Amazon Alexa and Leica Dual Camera (64GB) for $449.99 (normally $599.99)
- Moto G5 Plus Prime Exclusive (64 GB) for $179.99 (normally $299.99)
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 bundle with Gear VR and fast charging stand for $624.99 (normally $887.54)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2018 smartwatches and fitness trackers
- Fitbit Blaze for $138.95 (normally $198.95)
- Huawei Watch 2 in carbon black (Android Wear 2.0) for $209.99 (normally $299.99)
- Fossil Q Wander (Android Wear 2.0) for $153 (normally $255)
- Fossil Q Founder (Android Wear 2.0) for $165 (normally $275)
Prime Day 2018 deals are not yet live. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are the TV sales from last year8217;s event.
- Element 55-inch 4K Ultra HD smart LED TV 8211; Amazon Fire TV Edition for $399.99 (save $250)
- Select TCL smart TVs, starting at $119.99 for a 28-inch (save 25 per cent off)
- 32-inch 720p TCL TV for $99.99 (save $70)
- 40-inch 1080p TCL TV for $199.99 (save $70)
- Select VIZIO 24, 32, and 48-inch TVs (save 30 per cent off)
- Sony XBR65X850E 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) for $1,498 (normally $1,598 to $1999)
- Amazon Echo for $79.99 (save $70)
- Amazon Echo Dot for $34.99 (save $15)
- Amazon Tap for $79.99 (normally $129.99)
- Beoplay H6 (2nd-generation) for $254.99 (normally $299.00)
- Sony XB950B1 Bluetooth Headphones for $98 (normally $118)
- Jabra MOVE Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset for $54.99 (normally $99.99)
- Bose SoundLink Mini II for $129 (normally $199)
- Sennheiser HD 598 for $109.95 (normally $169.95)
Prime Day 2018 deals are not yet live. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are the computer sales from last year8217;s event.
- Samsung 28-inch 4K LED Monitor (U28E590D) for $279.99 (normally $369.99)
- Seagate hard drives are up to 30 per cent off for $57 to $160 (normally $77–$200)
- Corsair K70 mechanical keyboard for $109.99 (normally $159.99)
- Corsair Glaive mouse for $54.99 (normally $69.99)
- SanDisk Ultra 256GB MicroSDXC memory card for $104.99 (normally $150)
- Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer for $59.99 (normally $80)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2018 gaming deals
- DualShock 4 wireless controller for $46.95 (normally $64.95)
- Nvidia Shield set-top steaming box (2017 model) for $179.99 (normally $199.99)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2018 smart home deals
- Philips Hue Color starter kit for $139.98 (normally $199.99)
- Philips Hue Color Bulb for $39.99 (normally $49.99)
- August Home Smart Lock for $159.99 (normally $195.39)
- Anova Sous Vide (Bluetooth) (normally $149)
Prime Day 2018 deals are not yet live. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are the sales on Amazon services from last year8217;s event.
Amazon Music Unlimited
Prime members who hadn8217;t yet tried Music Unlimited, Amazon8217;s music service and rival to Spotify, could do so at a discount ahead of Prime Day. You could sign up for four months for the cost of just $0.99. Read more about it here. The service normally costs $12.99 a month for Prime members (or $119 a year on top of Prime membership).
Existing members who wanted to upgrade from the Echo-only plan 8211; which costs $3.99 a month to stream from a single Echo or Dot 8211; could save up to $30 a year when they get Music Unlimited Family or an Individual plan ($30 off Family plan, $10 off Individual). Read more about it here. Those who upgraded to a Family Plan from an Individual plan could also save $30 a year.
Whether you had a Music Unlimited subscription or just listen to the thousands of free-to-stream tracks as part of your Prime membership on Amazon Music, you we8217;re eligible for a chance to win one of 100 Amazon Echo speakers. To enter, you just needed to listen to one track on either Amazon Music or Amazon Music Unlimited up to the end of play.
Each track you listened to would gain you one entry into the main prize draw per day. Only one entry is possible per day, no matter how long you listened, but you coulf do the same on the following day and so on until the end of the competition period. Read more about it here.
Prime members could get 40 per cent off a Kindle Unlimited subscription for the duration. The service normally costs $7.99 a month and gives access to millions of eBooks to read on a Kindle or through the Kindle app on a smartphone or tablet.
Prime Now is Amazon8217;s free two-hour delivery service available to customers in select areas. You order something from the dedicated smartphone application or in-browser at primenow.amazon.com and it will be with you, with free delivery, within two hours. If you never tried Prime Now, Amazon offered $10 off your first order plus a bonus of $10 off future orders using the code “10PRIMEDAY.”
- Can I get Amazon Prime Now one-hour deliveries in my area?
You could get 40 per cent off Audible 8211; Amazon8217;s audiobook service 8211; your first 6 months (just $8.95 per month for 6 months).
What else will be part of Amazon Prime Day 2018?
- Best Computer and Accessories deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray deals
- Best Electronics deals
- Best Kindle and Fire deals
- Best PC & Video game deals
- Best Software deals
- Best Sports Technology deals
- Best Toys and Games deals
Amazon Prime Day 2018 tips and tricks
Get an Amazon Prime free trial to get the deals
Amazon Prime costs $119 a year. You can, however, sign up for a free 30-day trial to get the deals. A neat trick is that you are fully entitled to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription after once you8217;ve got your shopping deal.
If you ask an Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot, 8220;Alexa, what are your deals?8221;, you get access to Prime Day deals hours earlier as well as access to exclusive bargains. As long as you cancel the trial before the end, you won8217;t be charged the $119 yearly subscription. Amazon hopes though that once you8217;ve enjoyed some of the benefits you won8217;t hit the cancel button.
To order something, just say, 8220;Alexa, what are your deals8221; followed by 8220;Alexa, add [the item] to my cart.8221; Alexa will confirm this, but if you want, you can set up a 4-digit voice shopping pin with the Alexa app to prevent unintended purchases.
- See Amazon8217;s Black Friday (US) deals you can order by voice
- Go here to learn more about voice-shopping with Alexa
Amazon also has its usual 8220;Gold Box Deals of the Day8221;. However, since it8217;s Prime Day, these sales should kick into high gear. There8217;ll be new deals, every day, including 8220;Lightning Deals8221;, which are limited time and sometimes end in minutes. To stay on top of everything, use Amazon8217;s app, where you can view many deals 24 hours in advance and sign up for alerts. Go here to see deals you8217;re watching.
You can even let the deals come to you via Amazon8217;s daily deals email.
Also, check out links below for Lightning deals in key areas on Amazon.com:
- Best Computer and Accessories lightning deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray lightning deals
- Best Electronics lightning deals
- Best PC & Video game lightning deals
- Best Software lightning deals
- Best Sport Technology lightning deals
- Best Toys and Games lightning deals
Prime Early Access deals are a type of Lightning Deal that are earmarked for Prime members. (Amazon gives Prime members 30-minute early access to certain deals.) However, all deals are available while supplies last. Prime membership doesn8217;t guarantee you8217;ll be able to purchase a particular deal, and it8217;s possible that a deal could sell out before the end of the early access period, according to Amazon.
- See Prime Early Access deals on Amazon (US)
Try Amazon Assistant
Amazon Assistant is a browser plugin for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. It8217;s free and easy to install. With it, you can watch for product comparisons that save time and money, access shortcuts to popular Amazon hubs right in your browser, and get notified when deals that you8217;re watching go live with desktop notifications. It also lets you get information about orders and deliveries.
- Get Amazon Assistant for your browser
Clip coupons on Amazon
Amazon.com has coupons. There8217;s actually an entire section of Amazon that8217;s dedicated to coupons. You can find coupons for electronics, pet supplies, toys, and other items. No scissors or physical coupons required. To get started with Amazon coupons, go to Amazon.com, then click on the link at the top for 8220;Today8217;s Deals.8221; In the menu of subitems, click on 8220;Coupons.8221; You can also use this direct link.
You can browse the most popular coupons, and when you find an item that interests you, you can either click on the 8220;Clip this coupon8221; button or click on the item to learn more about it. Clicking on the item automatically clips the coupon for you, too. When you8217;re all done shopping, go to your cart and check out like normal. In the cart details, you will see the coupon amounts deducted from your total.
- See Amazon8217;s coupon hub (US)
If you want to check a deal8217;s price against what Amazon has charged in the past, try CamelCamelCamel. It8217;s a free Amazon price tracker that monitors millions of products and alerts you when prices drop, so that you can decide if and when to buy.
Your help finding Amazon Prime Deals
If you8217;ve spotted a good Amazon Prime Day 2018 shopping deal that we8217;ve not listed, then let us know in the comments below.